News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Melody itches but she's still alive, in SHARING 465

Started by Lynx, July 04, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

There is a storm just east of us, and it's been windy and thundering...but only a sprinkle thus far....*weeps......  It's raining at church probably. 

Went to work earlier and came home and watered some fowl and such.... 

Gotta get ready to go to church shortly.

Roscoe

Oh Lawd.....Chey and I did our "riding around in Rusty" thing today, then came home. Lou came in and decided that we were 1) going to go to a little country diner and eat and 2) We were taking Rusty and she was driving.  After a white knuckled ride (for me), she decided we'd go to ANOTHER country diner. I remarked that the pastor and his wife  often ate there on Sat. night.... that did it....the outfit that she had on was not good enough to encounter the pastor and wife. We are now back at home while she changes.  :laughhard:

Needless to say, being much less the slave to fashion- face it, a tux wouldn't help me, kinda like putting perfume on a pig  :biglaugh:- I am wearing what we started in. Overalls. And a nice long sleeve shirt. I *might* take off my green farmer's hat- when I sit down.  :laughhard:

And apparently, we are switching to the air conditioned Caddy...much more suitable for dinner with the pastor don't ya know....  :hypocrite:

:laughhard: :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

:laughhard: Nice. I'm afraid your wife would be horrified at me. I would probably drive Rusty on PURPOSE, and wear outlandish clothes to boot. *grin* But that would probably depend on if I was in a feisty mood or not. :P

Heather! The Goodwill/skirts comment made me laugh!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Went to church, came home. 

It had rained more there...not a lot, but more than over here, which was only a sprinkle.  It'd been really windy over there too, all kinds of debris in the road. 

Anddddd, the a/c is not working at the church.... :yikes: 

I'm eating a squash with butter and cinnamon.

MelodyB

That's just gross.

I'm going to bed. And I'm mad at Seth.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

We have a full out bi-lingual service planned out for today. I'm nervous cause we don't really know these songs in Spanish and we have to sing them. Lol

I'm also really really sleepy. Wish I could go back to sleep, but I'm up and headed to the shower.

Lynx

Word: rangy [rangĀ·y]
Definition
Adjective:  Having long slender limbs.
Adjective:  Inclined to rove.

My cat eats and eats, but she still looks like I starve her to death.  She spends most of the day in the woods out back, hunting and eating wild game.  She definitely has that rangy look.

In other news, at a yard sale yesterday some guy was selling a stove for $40 and a dryer for $25.  He said they both worked, but he already had a stove and dryer and his landlord said just get rid of them.  If I'd had room to store them I would have bought them to resell somewhere.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Fixing to head to church.  I had a good conversation with one of my young people that really stirred in my memory a message I preached several years ago.  I went back and started going over it, and man, I know why the conversation stirred the thought of that message.  I'm going in on fire today...so much for a tame Sunday school lesson...LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

It rained a half inch last night, yay, thank the Lord.

Right after I posted last, our lights went half out.  Yes, half out.  There was power enough that some lights would come partially on, other stuff wanted to but couldn't.... Weirdest thing ever.

Then finally it went all the way out.  Was back on before morning, thankfully.

It's not sweltering out presently so maybe it won't be so bad at church.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on July 08, 2012, 01:09:21 PM

:laughhard:

Morning, all...I'm dragging, as has been the norm the last bit. Didn't get much sleep last night. Supposed to teach Adult Sunday School today, as our regular teacher is out of town and our backup is down after having surgery...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I'm awake before church time this Sunday HOORAY!!

Last night everyone kept going on and on about how long my hair has gotten. I couldn't help but laugh. I 1st met most of those theatre people 4-5 months after I had shaved my head a few years ago. I couldn't help but look back and thank God for getting me through those times to where I am today (not that I'm still not a mess, just not as big of one  :cool: )
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

Quote from: HeatherB on July 08, 2012, 01:43:32 PM
(not that I'm still not a mess, just not as big of one  :cool: )

We all are a mess...thank God for his mercy.  LOL

SippinTea

Haven't you heard the phrase "beautiful mess"? :) Yep, that's us. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Some of your are more of a hot mess... :smirk2:

:hypocrite:

Went to church, came home.

The air was working this morning, so that was good at least. 

Newsman

I'm, glad things are better for you, Lady Heather. There is a FB group of Apostolic singles I'm part of, where there is a lot of encouragement and upliftting one another in prayer that takes place. I'd be happy to introduce you to the group, if you are interested.

John  :waving:

Heather

Sir John, that would be amazing.

I've talked to Mel about it some, but I get little to no encouragement throughout the week to go to church. I go every Sunday to hear about all the fun fellowship everyone has had with each other throughout the week and all their inside jokes. And regardless of how often I try to ask people to hang out or to be a part of anything I'm still left sitting at home. If not for the pastor and his wife I'd have left the church already.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Stormed and lights went out again.  Took a nap.  Lights are back on.  Raining again, wahoO!

Eating another butter cinnamon squash.

The Purple Fuzzy

Looks like we might get some rain.  Maybe I won't lose internet service this time...

MelodyB

We have had rain off an on all day today too. Luckily it rained while we were at church so dads wheelchair didn't get wet. Just as soon as I got it out of the truck and him in the house, the bottom fell out again.

Roscoe

Praise god, we got some rain as well....Not near enogh, but I won't complain. It was a lot better than what we've been getting..... fixin' to eat a bite while I slurp on my Rt. 44 Cherry Vanilla Cream Dr Pepper.... :fork:

SippinTea

Sethers - *curtsies* Why, thank you!

Heather - Well then. I guess you and me should hang out more. Coffee at my house this week? How's Thursday afternoon? :)

Horridly hot here, too. It's about 80 in our house WITH the air on. Ugh. It kinda looked like a storm was attempting to blow in, though. We shall see.

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on July 08, 2012, 11:18:29 PM
We have had rain off an on all day today too. Luckily it rained while we were at church so dads wheelchair didn't get wet. Just as soon as I got it out of the truck and him in the house, the bottom fell out again.
Yeah, you wouldn't believe how many times that happened with me.  I used to ride a bike to work, and for 4 years God routed the rain around my work schedule.  :)  Sometimes it would hold off, sometimes God would tell me to get there half an hour early or something.  When Isaac showed up early, make sure your windows are up.  But more often than not, if it was going to rain it would start just when I got to work and got inside.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

I've only done this once or twice, so will see if I get it done correctly!

John  :waving:

Quote from: HeatherB on July 08, 2012, 05:27:15 PM
Sir John, that would be amazing.

I've talked to Mel about it some, but I get little to no encouragement throughout the week to go to church. I go every Sunday to hear about all the fun fellowship everyone has had with each other throughout the week and all their inside jokes. And regardless of how often I try to ask people to hang out or to be a part of anything I'm still left sitting at home. If not for the pastor and his wife I'd have left the church already.