News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Is your church all clean & looking spiffy? Come in & polish it in Sharing 460!!

Started by MelodyB, April 02, 2012, 02:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Jenn, you OK?  I hear there are 2 tornadoes on the ground near Dallas.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

She was fine last I heard... about 2:30, but haven't heard anything lately.

MelodyB

Y'all pray really hard that this motorhome sells! Got a guy looking at it right now!

Chseeads

...that was till it died on the road on his test drive....??  :smirk2: 

Went to work....came home...Lord....

Work Thursday, doing a revision to the southside Dollar General.  I'm done in with work. :P  Next week will be kind of a big week with the seasonal changeover from Easter to Mother's Day/Graduation stuff. 

:smirk2:

Roscoe

Lord. What. A. Day.  I'm sure glad that God is a God of mercy and forgiveness. I require it today. I've been fighting with an insurance company over a re-imbursment check for rental car.....been talking with them daily for over two weeks, always with another promise or excuse from them on why I haven't gotten it. Lost my cool today when they informed me that I had taken out "rental car insurance" that they would not cover and they were cutting my re-imbursment by nearly $70. I did NOT act Christian like....the old me came out in a vengence. If Equity Insurance's Oklahoma office collasped and at least two people in particular had no jobs, I wouldn't cry. And yes, I said something to that effect.. I don't remember being that mad in a LONG time. I'd have cheerfully strangled those two if I could've got my hands on them...

And in other news, I thought of Isaac and Meller Yeller in particular today. I have a friend whose husband and father in law own a farm. They sometimes gift or sell me fresh milk, eggs, and butter. Today, she informed me she was planning on killing chickens Saturday and offered me some nice plump farm raised, free range chickens ready for the fryer for $7.50 each. Thought of you two instantly and bought at least one...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

At LEAST one? How many more did you get? Lol

Yes Seth. They went for a test drive, and I had to go get dressed and rescue them. Lord. That old man kept hotrodding it and the battery wasn't fully charged so it kept dying. I jumped it off a total of THREE TIMES before we got home, and they had only went about two miles up the road! And when I was following them home, that guy was driving so close to the side of the road, I thought he was gonna flip it! He was going way too fast for a motorhome! Lord lord. BUT! He said he will be back tomorrow with his checkbook! YAY! He wants it!

So hopefully that will work out and he really will buy it tomorrow! Yay!

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

I am tired!! Spent the morning cleaning up the outside of the church, and the afternoon doing outreach in Radford VA for our churches daughter work. Got in about 30 minutes ago.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

SippinTea

Man, what a day. I am exhausted.

A very good friend of ours (Vincent) collapsed at work today. I guess he couldn't process/think straight, couldn't even pronounce his own name correctly, and ended up on the floor having a seizure. So. Spent the afternoon calling people on the church directory to get folks praying, trying to help his wife with 3 of their 4 boys, take food to her at the hospital, pick up my own brother from college so's my mom could stay with them at the hospital, and fed all the rest of the kiddos dinner at my folk's house, and... I can't even remember what all. Long story short... there's still really no news. They're keeping him in the hospital overnight, waiting for lab results, and saying it's possibly spinal meningitis. But they don't sound too sure about that, and we're thinking they're just trying to rule out possibilities since they really don't know what's wrong.

(MY, this is one of those backsliders who recently came home that I was telling you about. I'm pretty sure Satan is hoppin' mad that they're back where they belong.)

My two kiddos were troopers today with everything going on. When they were grabbing a few things to throw in a backpack (since we weren't sure at that point where we'd end up with all the boys or how long we'd be gone from home) Jason even packed some extra kleenex "just in case one of the boys felt teary". He's got such a compassionate little heart. Makes me proud of him.

So thankful I know the Healer.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

kmymbir

My day lasted the normal twenty four hours, I accomplished a lot, good night.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

MsJennJenn

Haha yea I'm all good. No tornado here! No damage to my car! Hail as large as a baseball was seen all around...so I was a lil more worried about my new car, than I was getting ravaged by a non-existent tornado! haha

The one day I don't consistently check GP is the day ya'll all inquire about me! lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

*HUGS* Jenn

Weird, I suddenly got a craving for toast. Lol not kidding.

;)

MsJennJenn

Ahahaha nice...YUM. Now I want toast. Alas....off to sleep I go.

O soothest Sleep! if so it please thee, close
      In midst of this thine hymn my willing eyes,
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Chseeads

kmymbir

I was up at three thirty, made coffee, breakfast, packed my bags, got dressed up, and out the door by 4am. Riding with my father on his way to work, I plan to put in more apps, but starting my day off with prayer at the beach!! ;-)
Seek Ye first the Kingdom..
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Morning, all. :hi:

We had hail last night but not bad.  The worst of the storms seemed to skirt around us. Thankful.

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on April 03, 2012, 11:02:37 PMAnd in other news, I thought of Isaac and Meller Yeller in particular today... They sometimes gift or sell me fresh milk, eggs, and butter.

That is very cool!  And a good price for good chicken!  I have never had fresh milk.  You'll have to tell me how it is.

Quote from: SippinTea on April 04, 2012, 03:26:21 AM(MY, this is one of those backsliders who recently came home that I was telling you about. I'm pretty sure Satan is hoppin' mad that they're back where they belong.)

:beret:

Ooooh in Jesus'name let God get the glory!  God is SO VERY good!  Whether he is healed or not, praise be that he is under the blood, saved and sanctified.  I'll be praying.

I heard an awesome testimony this wknd from one of the ministers.  A guy had a cancerous tumor that ran up his face into his head.  It was a serious and delicate kind.  He got prayed for and the next morning was taking a shower and sneezed.  The whole thing shot out with the sneeze. Problem completely solved, the dr's are dumbfounded. THAT'S MY GOD. 

MelodyB

Morning people.

I have a lot to do today. Need to start with loading the dishwasher. Then I'll clean the bathroom. After that Ill get a shower and get to town, gotta go to lowes and price Easter Lilly's for the cross, and Walmart to get some more poly fill. The head to the church to find the cloths for the cross, and then Sign practice and church prayer.

Busy day.

MelodyB

Oh. And the man just called about the Motorhome. He isn't getting it. He said he has to put a roof on his house and blah blah blah.

That means that Dad has a whole $16 left after he pays all the stuff that needs paid. And I have got $10 that I gotta put in the gas tank so I can go to church and do my errands for church.

But. God will provide.