GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Well. I got my wish. The snow last night went just to the east of us. Little Rock got 4 to 6". We got just a dusting, and the roads are fine. It's still cold, and the schools are closed, so I'll spend the day cleaning up the house I guess.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

It's SNOWING here!!!

Just a light dusting, and it's not sticking to the roads yet, but everyone's scared to drive so I have the road to myself. Yay!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

I'm off today but not staying home.  Going to visit my Grandma in the nursing home to add more airtime to her cell phone and deliver a family picture from Christmas.

Roscoe

Btw, good to see everyone back....but okieoliveoyl was trying to get back in a couple of days ago and posted she was having  problems doing so on the fb group
..since sarba's back, we shouldn't  discriminate against okies....:ugly: Mods, can you get okie back in?
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

if some of my friends had their way I wouldn't be back on here

MsJennJenn

Heather! We did miss you! You're a normal poster! lol :sadbounce:
And you smuggled the cat in your school dorm room? lol

Miss Melbs too when she doesn't post much! And Sether's :pound:

We got buckets of rain yesterday morning, but then the storm kept on moving up to you heathens in Arkansas and the like. :hypocrite:

Here at work, nursing a headache. Didn't sleep very well. Windy howling and such.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Yes. Toph is in our school apartment. After a few discussions with others who also have cats we realized that the RA's and maintenance don't really care if you have a cat. Housing does, but they NEVER come up here. For anything. He's an old, declawed, neutered man. He's not going to hurt anything or bother anyone.

So far we have about 4 inches of snow. We could have a foot by tomorrow evening. My work has closed and Brandon is going to try to make it into Walmart but has already warned them he's leaving at lunch if it looks bad out. Considering all the local police say to stay home unless you are absolutely needed at your job, I think it's ridiculous. We are under a Gov declared State of Emergency afterall!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Backseat Radio

Just walked out of the nursing home to discover its snowing tiny snowflakes here. So much for a no snow forecast.

Heather

Tried to do a quick reply and it told me I wasn't allowed to and kicked me completely out.  :roll:

We now have sleet. Brandon tried to go to work then turned around and came home. Snow we do. Ice is a big fat NOPE. So it's movie watching and book reading for us the next 2 days. Had planned on going to Knoxville tomorrow for out birthdays but that's now out of the picture.

Backseat Radio

I'm all switched over now to my new cell phone and cell phone provider  :clap:

SippinTea

I was ready to pull an everybody-make-your-own-sandwich night but made myself pull something together that was one step up from that. Lol.

Found a good sale on gelato and sorbetto. Grabbed way too many, but I'm not feeling very guilty. :D Since Chris and I don't really get to go on dates right now, we often make tea and have ice cream together in the evening. If anyone wants to know, the Talenti coconut flavor is ah-mazing. For reals.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

I coulda swore I posted here this evening... ???
If I did, the system munched it apparently.I did nothing constructive today- other than clean the kitchen, and wash a load of clothes for Lou. Ate some of my chili this evening, because I didn't feel like cooking anything else. I have spent all day curled up in the recliner reading 3 of the 4 library books I picked up last night on the way home. All in all- a good day. :lol:

Heather

Woke up to more snow. I'm not complaining but this is now day 4 of being stuck in this apartment with husband. I love him, don't get me wrong, but we both know we both need alone time. But it is his birthday so I'm trying to be a nice as possible. We made our birthday cake last night. I'm about to go have a piece of it for brunch.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Slept in too long today. :yawn:

Doing laundry, working on my ethics paper.

Symphony later with 15 of my friends.  :waving:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

We got out of the apartment for at least a little bit today. [Thanks AWD Subaru!] Took Brandon to lunch at Jason's Deli [one of the few places open] and we went to the men's basketball game. We won in overtime. I was surprised there was as much of a crowd as there was. But I know a lot of the students staying on campus are getting cabin fever bad and they run shuttles from campus to the arena.

Supposed to work tomorrow but the boss lady hasn't decided if we are going to open or not. I guess I'll find out in the morning. I hope we do. I'm bored and could use a paycheck.

Roscoe

Was cool here today. I slept in, then was persuaded to drive a bit west and torment Mini. I remember then that a slice of heaven in the form of ribs was between me and him, so I stopped and dispatched a bait of them. :lol: Absolutely enjoyable day.

Backseat Radio

Was an uneventful and mostly boring day here.  Having to make sure I get to bed early tonight so I'll be coherent for church in the morning.  Haven't been to a Sunday morning service in about 2 months.  One of the brothers has already warned that if I don't show up for service in the morning he's going to look me up and come knocking on my door.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

Took Bella and Teddy to a museum today. Seriously the most boring museum ever, but they had a good time so it's okay. Lol

My tendinitis is flaring up again. I'm so over it.

Oh, and my feet are cold. While we're sharing random useless info and all. :D

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

taco_harvell

We got the blizzard! Thankfully the Landlord actually plowed the parking lot this time, and a guy with a snow shovel from the apartments next door dug our car out. We tried to get a shovel before the storm with no luck.

The governor wants things shutdown till Tuesday. I doubt that happens. Roads are still iced here though so you never know.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 24, 2016, 10:00:24 AMWe got the blizzard! Thankfully the Landlord actually plowed the parking lot this time, and a guy with a snow shovel from the apartments next door dug our car out. We tried to get a shovel before the storm with no luck.

The governor wants things shutdown till Tuesday. I doubt that happens. Roads are still iced here though so you never know.
*Le sigh*

Everyone else has all the fun. All we have here are clear roads. Even the bridges stubbornly refuse to ice over. 

I WANT TO GO SLIDING!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

When it ices here, We lose electricity because of all the trees. That's not so fun.

Roscoe

:stupid:
 Same here. I have zero desire for that. :hi: I'm back at work. I've spent the morning working on a Bible study for Wednesday night, and I've walked, according to my phone app, approximately 3500 steps so far. Scale is still refusing to budge from the 219-222 range. :pound: I might just stay here. Maybe if summer gets here, when I'm usually more active, it'll slide off then. Irritating though, to be within 20 lbs of your ultimate goal and still be so far away. Kinda like the children of Israel in the wilderness.. :mad: